Together with Baptism and the Eucharist, Confirmation forms the unity that constitutes the “sacraments of Christian Initiation.” As such, the sacrament of Confirmation is necessary for the completion of baptismal grace. By this sacrament the baptized are more perfectly bound to the Church and are enriched with a special strength of the Holy Spirit. Through it they become true witnesses of Christ, and are obliged to spread and defend the faith by word and in action. (Cf. Catechism of the Catholic Church, §1285)
Confirmation preparation begins at the end of 7th grade with the celebration of the sacrament in the spring of 8th grade. Our preparation process is in cooperation with the other Catholic Parishes in Quincy, which means our requirements and opportunities for service are similar as well as all meetings which are required of candidates, parents and sponsors. This allows candidates to attend meetings at other parishes if they are unable to attend the one scheduled at their own parish.
The process requires candidates to complete enrichment opportunities in the parish, diocese or larger church and within the community. A mandatory retreat is also part of the process. This gives our candidates a bigger picture of the Catholic Church as well as many opportunities to be of service to the community.
Printable Confirmation Downloads:
- Candidate Contract of Enrollment (PDF – Updated 4/13)
- 2013-2014 Confirmation Schedule (PDF – Updated 4/13)
- Confirmation Enrichment Opportunities (PDF – Updated 4/13)
- Confirmation Activity Reflection Sheet (PDF)
- Confirmation Sponsor Form (PDF)
Complete A Confirmation Form Online:
- Online Confirmation Activity Reflection Sheet Form
- Online Confirmation Candidate Contract of Enrollment Form
- Online Confirmation Sponsor Form